How much can you make flipping motorcycles. Flipping motorcycles, or buying and selling them for profit, has become an increasingly popular way for motorcycle enthusiasts to turn their passion into a profitable venture. With the rise of online marketplaces and social media groups, it has never been easier to find, buy, and sell motorcycles from the comfort of your own home. While it can be an exciting and potentially lucrative endeavor, it’s important to approach it with the right strategies to ensure success. In this article, we’ll explore some tips and tricks for making money flipping motorcycles, including how to start with a budget, research the market, and negotiate effectively with buyers and sellers. Whether you’re a seasoned motorcycle enthusiast or just starting out, this guide will help you navigate the world of motorcycle flipping and turn your hobby into a profitable business.
How much can you earn flipping cars?
The vast majority of full time bike flippers are averaging a net profit of £1,000 per motorcycle. With £1,000 riding on each transaction, the real question is: how many bikes can a flipper sell each year? On average you should be able to sell 52 bikes a year. If the average bike flipper earns £1000 per sale, they would gross £52,000 annually. However, most flippers have a few years of experience flipping bikes. Newer flippers will most likely sell fewer units, and have lower incomes.
According to TotalJobs, the average bike salesman earns between £35,000 – £40,000 per year, but the range in income is massive. With some earning as little as £19,000, and the best making £47,500. It is important to note that almost all work more than a 40 hours per week. Motorcycle flippers earnings will vary in a similar way. With newer flippers usually selling fewer bikes that flippers with years of experience.
What does it take to be successful as a motorcycle flipper?
The only tool you will need is a smartphone. You don’t need a laptop or fancy camera. I run the whole business from my phone. I write all the ads take the photos and manage all the enquires from it.
In addition to this you will need bike insurance in most cases. But very little else to get started apart from a little motorcycle knowledge and some determination.
But if you want to earn a good income as a motorcycle flipper, then you’re going to need to work on setting up the business and will probably need to be doing it full time. You will need to carefully watch expenses, especially advertising expenses and repair costs, plus have a great source of motorcycles.
You can source bikes from lots of different places such as franchised garages, auctions, classifieds and small garages. Our favourite way of finding stock is by using franchised garages. But you will need the skills to form great relationships with local garages.
You will also need to learn how to wash and detail a bike properly. Good photography and copywriting skills are also becoming more important in the digital bike selling age. You will probably need more than just a few bikes in stock too. But the good news is that you can start slowing and build the business and your confidence up over time.
You can also earn a great additional income from flipping bike part time. I have seen many people selling 10 – 20 bikes per year to supplement their income, or to pay off debt or fund a holiday. It can also be a fun and rewarding hobby.
What are popular motorcycles to flip
There are many popular motorcycles that can be profitable to flip, but the most common ones are typically those that are in high demand and have a strong market. Some examples of popular motorcycles to flip include:
- Sportbikes: These are high-performance motorcycles that are popular with riders who enjoy racing and track days.
- Harley-Davidsons: These iconic American motorcycles have a loyal following and are popular with riders who enjoy cruising and touring.
- Dual-sport bikes: These versatile motorcycles are designed for both on-road and off-road use and are popular with adventure riders.
- Vintage motorcycles: Classic motorcycles from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts.
- Dirt bikes: These off-road motorcycles are popular with riders who enjoy motocross and other off-road activities.
When considering which motorcycles to flip, it’s important to research the market and look for models that are in high demand and have a strong resale value. Additionally, look for motorcycles that have minor issues or cosmetic damage that can be easily repaired or upgraded to increase their value.
Where are the best places to flip motorcycles
There are several places where you can flip motorcycles, but the best places to flip motorcycles are:
- Online classifieds: Websites such as Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and eBay Motors are great places to find motorcycles to flip.
- Local dealerships: Visiting local motorcycle dealerships can provide you with an idea of the market prices and what motorcycles are currently available.
- Auctions: Motorcycle auctions can be a great place to find deals on motorcycles, but it’s important to do your research and know the value of the motorcycles you’re interested in before you bid.
- Motorcycle shows and events: Attending motorcycle shows and events can help you build connections with other motorcycle enthusiasts and find potential buyers for your flipped motorcycles.
- Word of mouth: Building a network of buyers and sellers through word of mouth can help you find great deals on motorcycles and also find potential buyers for your flipped motorcycles.
It’s important to remember that flipping motorcycles requires a lot of research, patience, and negotiation skills. You should always prioritize safety and transparency in your dealings with buyers and sellers to build a positive reputation in the motorcycle community.
However you look at it flipping bikes for a living or as a simple side hustle can be highly rewarding. Very few side hustles have the potential of bike flipping, so by following the advice on this website you will be able to make a great additional income or escape the 9-5.