The 10 best service jacks. When it comes to lifting and supporting heavy vehicles, service jacks are an essential tool for mechanics, car enthusiasts, and anyone else who needs to work on cars or trucks. A service jack is a hydraulic lifting device that is designed to lift a vehicle off the ground, making it easier to perform maintenance, repairs, or modifications. With so many service jack available on the market, it can be challenging to choose the best one for your needs. In this article, we’ll provide an overview of the top 10 trolley jacks available, taking into consideration factors such as weight capacity, durability, ease of use, and affordability. Whether you’re a professional mechanic or a DIY enthusiast, this guide will help you find the perfect service jack to meet your needs and make your automotive projects a breeze.
- Arcan XL20 Black Low Profile Steel Service Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
This 2-ton jack from Arcan is perfect for low-profile vehicles. It has a lifting range of 3.5 inches to 18.5 inches and is made of heavy-duty steel. The dual pump pistons make it easy to lift your vehicle quickly, and the universal joint release mechanism ensures precise control. The XL20 is also compact and easy to store, making it a great option for those with limited garage space.
- Blackhawk B6350 Black/Red Fast Lift Service Jack – 3.5 Ton Capacity
The Blackhawk B6350 is a heavy-duty jack with a lifting capacity of 3.5 tons. It has a lifting range of 5.5 inches to 22 inches and features a fast lift technology that allows you to quickly lift your vehicle without compromising safety. The B6350 also has a built-in safety valve to prevent overloading, and the rolled side frames add strength and stability.
- Sunex 6602LP Low Profile Service Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
The Sunex 6602LP is another great low-profile option. It has a lifting range of 2.75 inches to 24 inches and a 2-ton capacity. The dual pump design allows for quick lifting, and the universal joint release mechanism ensures precise control. The 6602LP also features an overload valve to prevent damage to the jack and your vehicle.
- Pro-LifT F-2315PE Grey Hydraulic Trolley Jack Car Lift with Blow Molded Case- 2.5 Ton Capacity
The Pro-LifT F-2315PE is a versatile jack with a lifting capacity of 2.5 tons. It has a lifting range of 5.25 inches to 12 inches and features a built-in safety valve to prevent overloading. The F-2315PE also comes with a blow-molded case for easy storage and transport.
- Liftmaster 2 Ton Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack and Jack Stands Combo Set
This combo set from Liftmaster includes a 2-ton jack and two jack stands. The jack has a lifting range of 5.125 inches to 13 inches and features a safety valve to prevent overloading. The jack stands have a weight capacity of 2 tons each and can be adjusted from 10.5 inches to 16.25 inches.
- Torin Big Red Hydraulic Trolley Floor Jack – 3 Ton Capacity
The Torin Big Red is a heavy-duty trolley jack with a lifting capacity of 3 tons. It has a lifting range of 5.12 inches to 20.1 inches and features a safety valve to prevent overloading. The Big Red also has a swivel saddle and a rotating handle for easy positioning.
- Powerbuilt 620479E Xtra Low Profile Floor Jack – 2 Ton Load Capacity
The Powerbuilt 620479E is an ultra-low-profile trolley jack that is perfect for sports cars and other low-profile vehicles. It has a lifting range of 2.75 inches to 15.25 inches and a 2-ton load capacity. The 620479E also features a safety valve to prevent overloading and a built-in bypass device to protect against ram over-travel.
- Hein-Werner HW93652 Blue Heavy Duty Service Jack – 3 Ton Capacity
The Hein-Werner HW93652 is a heavy-duty jack with a lifting capacity of 3 tons. It has a lifting range of 4.25 inches to 20 inches and features a flanged side plate for added strength and stability. The HW93652 also has a built-in safety valve to prevent overloading and a convenient foot pedal for quick lifting.
- Omega 29023 Magic Lift Black Service Jack – 2 Ton Capacity
The Omega 29023 is a compact and lightweight jack with a lifting capacity of 2 tons. It has a lifting range of 2.75 inches to 20 inches and features Omega’s patented “Magic Lift” technology, which allows for quick and easy lifting. The 29023 also has a built-in safety valve to prevent overloading.
What to look for in a service jack
When shopping for a service jack, there are several key factors to consider. Here are some things to look for:
- Lifting capacity: Consider the weight of your vehicle and make sure the jack has a lifting capacity that exceeds that weight.
- Lifting range: Make sure the jack has a lifting range that accommodates the height of your vehicle, both in its lowest and highest positions.
- Construction: Look for a service jack that is made of heavy-duty steel or other high-quality materials. This ensures durability and longevity.
- Safety features: Look for a jack with built-in safety features, such as a safety valve to prevent overloading and a bypass device to protect against ram over-travel.
- Portability: Consider the weight and size of the jack, as well as any handles or wheels for easy transport and storage.
- Ease of use: Look for a jack that is easy to use, with a dual pump design or other features that allow for quick and easy lifting.
- Brand and warranty: Consider the reputation of the brand and look for a warranty that covers the jack in case of defects or malfunctions.
What accessories should you consider for your service jack
There are a number of accessories that you can consider for your service jack, depending on your needs and the type of work you will be doing. Here are some popular accessories to consider:
- Jack stands: A set of jack stands is an essential accessory to consider. Jack stands are used to support your vehicle after it has been lifted with a jack, providing an extra layer of safety and stability.
- Wheel chocks: Wheel chocks are wedge-shaped blocks that can be placed behind your vehicle’s wheels to prevent it from rolling while it is lifted. They are a simple but effective safety measure that can help prevent accidents.
- Rubber pads: Rubber pads can be placed on the lifting surface of your jack to provide a non-slip surface and protect your vehicle’s undercarriage from scratches and damage.
- Low profile adapters: Low profile adapters are designed to fit onto the lifting surface of your jack and allow it to lift vehicles with low ground clearance, such as sports cars.
- Transmission jacks: If you will be working on transmissions or other heavy components, a transmission jack can be a helpful accessory. Transmission jacks are designed to lift and support heavy parts, making them easier to work on.
- Creeper: A creeper is a low-profile platform with wheels that allows you to easily slide under your vehicle while you work. It can be a helpful accessory if you will be doing work on your vehicle’s underside.
- Impact wrench: An impact wrench can be a helpful tool to have on hand if you will be removing or tightening bolts. It can make the job faster and easier than using a traditional wrench.
These are just a few examples of the accessories that you can consider for your service jack. Ultimately, the accessories you choose will depend on the type of work you will be doing and your personal preferences.
A trolley jack is an essential tool for any garage or car enthusiast. It allows you to lift your vehicle for maintenance and repair, and it can be used for a wide variety of applications. When shopping for a service jack, it’s important to consider factors like lifting capacity, construction, safety features, and ease of use. Additionally, there are a number of accessories that you can consider to enhance the functionality of your jack and make your work easier and more efficient. By choosing a high-quality service jack and the right accessories, you can ensure that you have the tools you need to take care of your vehicle and keep it running smoothly for years to come.