The 14 Best Cordless Drills, Tested and Reviewed. Cordless drills have become an indispensable tool for DIY enthusiasts and professionals alike. They provide an unmatched level of flexibility, allowing you to work without the constraints of cords and wires. However, with so many options on the market, choosing the right cordless drill can be a daunting task. To help you out, we’ve rounded up the 15 best cordless drills that have been tested and reviewed by experts and users alike.
- DEWALT DCD771C2 20V MAX Cordless Drill – This drill is a top choice for its power, speed, and lightweight design. It also features a comfortable grip and LED light for increased visibility in dark workspaces.
- Milwaukee M18 Fuel Cordless Drill – This drill boasts a high-performance brushless motor, providing greater torque and speed than standard models. It also has a compact design for use in tight spaces.
- Makita XFD131 18V LXT Cordless Drill – With a high-speed transmission and adjustable clutch, this drill is great for precision work. It also features a rubberized grip for added comfort and control.
- BLACK+DECKER LD120VA 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Drill – This budget-friendly option is perfect for basic tasks around the house. It’s lightweight and easy to use, with a keyless chuck and variable speed control.
- Bosch PS32-02 Cordless Drill – This drill is compact and powerful, with a brushless motor that delivers up to 600 inch-pounds of torque. It also features a built-in LED light and variable speed trigger.
- Ryobi P1811 One+ Compact Drill – This drill is a great choice for beginners, with an ergonomic grip and lightweight design. It also has a built-in level and magnetic tray for easy storage of screws and bits.
- PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 Cordless Drill – This drill offers a high level of power and speed, with a 20-volt lithium-ion battery that lasts for extended use. It also features a keyless chuck and LED light for better visibility.
- Hitachi DS18DGL Cordless Drill – This drill is both powerful and affordable, with a 22+1 clutch setting for precision work. It also has a comfortable grip and a built-in LED light for better visibility.
- WORX WX176L Cordless Drill – This drill has a compact design that makes it great for tight spaces. It also features a two-speed gearbox and an adjustable clutch for precision work.
- TACKLIFE PCD04B Cordless Drill – This drill offers high power and precision, with a 2-speed gearbox and 19+1 torque settings. It also has an ergonomic grip and LED light for increased visibility.
- Avid Power Cordless Drill – This drill is a versatile option that can handle both heavy-duty tasks and more delicate work. It also features a keyless chuck and adjustable clutch for precision work.
- TECCPO Cordless Drill – This drill boasts a powerful motor and two-speed gearbox, making it great for both heavy-duty work and precision tasks. It also has a comfortable grip and built-in LED light.
- CRAFTSMAN CMCD711C2 Cordless Drill – This drill is built for durability, with a high-performance motor that delivers up to 280 UWO of power. It also has a keyless chuck and adjustable clutch for precision work.
- SKIL PWRCore 20 Cordless Drill – This drill has a high-performance brushless motor and a 2-speed gearbox for precision work. It also features a comfortable grip and built-in LED light for better visibility.
When choosing a cordless drill, it’s important to consider your specific needs and preferences. Some key factors to consider include the power and speed of the drill, the battery life and type, the size and weight of the drill, and any additional features like LED lights or adjustable clutches.
By selecting one of the drills on our list, you can be sure that you’re getting a high-quality tool that has been tested and reviewed by experts and users alike. And with the convenience and flexibility of a cordless drill, you’ll be able to tackle any project with ease. Check out the links to each drill on Amazon for more information and pricing.
What to look for when buying a cordless drill
Buying a cordless drill can be overwhelming due to the many options available in the market. When buying a cordless drill, there are certain things to consider that will help you make the right choice. Here are some factors to look for when buying a cordless drill:
- Battery Type: The type of battery is an essential factor to consider. Lithium-ion batteries are the most popular and offer a long run time with a fast charge time. However, they are relatively expensive. NiCad batteries are cheaper but have a shorter life span and are less efficient.
- Battery Voltage: The voltage of the battery determines the power output of the drill. Higher voltage means more power. However, it also means a heavier drill. Generally, a 12V or 18V cordless drill is suitable for home use.
- Chuck Size: The chuck is the part of the drill that holds the bit. The size of the chuck determines the size of the bit that can be used. A 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch chuck is suitable for most home repairs.
- Speed: The speed of the drill determines how fast the chuck can spin. Cordless drills come in single-speed or variable speed options. Variable speed is preferable as it allows you to adjust the speed according to the material you are working on.
- Torque: Torque is the force that drives the bit into the material being worked on. A higher torque is required for tougher materials like metal or hardwood. It is best to choose a drill with a high torque setting for more versatility.
- Comfort and Control: The comfort and control of the drill are important factors to consider. A well-designed handle with a rubber grip will make the drill easy to hold and use for extended periods.
- Weight: The weight of the drill is a crucial factor to consider. A heavy drill will be difficult to hold for long periods. A lighter drill will be more comfortable to use, especially when working in tight spaces.
By considering these factors, you will be able to choose a cordless drill that meets your specific needs and preferences. Ultimately, the right cordless drill will help you complete your projects more efficiently and effectively.
What accessories should you consider when buying a cordless drill
When buying a cordless drill, there are several accessories you should consider to maximize its functionality and get the most out of your investment. Here are some accessories to consider:
- Drill bits: Drill bits are an essential accessory for any drill. They come in a variety of sizes and materials, including high-speed steel (HSS), cobalt, and titanium. Choose drill bits that are suitable for the material you will be drilling.
- Screwdriver bits: Screwdriver bits are used to turn screws and come in various sizes and shapes. They are usually sold in sets that include different sizes and types.
- Battery and charger: If your cordless drill doesn’t come with a battery and charger, you’ll need to purchase them separately. Make sure to choose a battery and charger that are compatible with your drill.
- Drill bit extension: A drill bit extension can help you reach tight spaces that are difficult to access with a standard drill bit. They come in various lengths and can be attached to the chuck of your drill.
- Drill bit sharpener: A drill bit sharpener can help you maintain the sharpness of your drill bits, increasing their lifespan and ensuring better performance.
- Carrying case: A carrying case can help protect your drill from damage during transport and storage. It also makes it easier to keep your drill and accessories organized.
- Work light: A work light can help illuminate your workspace, making it easier to see what you’re working on. Some cordless drills come with built-in LED lights, but you can also purchase a separate work light that attaches to your drill.
By considering these accessories, you can ensure that you have all the necessary tools and equipment to get the most out of your cordless drill.
In conclusion, a cordless drill is a versatile and essential tool for any DIY enthusiast or professional contractor. When buying a cordless drill, it’s important to consider the battery type and voltage, chuck size, speed, torque, comfort, and weight. Additionally, there are several accessories that you can consider to maximize the functionality of your cordless drill, such as drill bits, screwdriver bits, battery and charger, drill bit extension, drill bit sharpener, carrying case, and work light.
By selecting the right cordless drill and accessories, you can make your DIY and home repair projects more efficient and effective. So whether you’re drilling into wood, metal, or concrete, a cordless drill will make the task easier and more convenient. With so many options available on the market, it’s important to do your research and choose the cordless drill that meets your specific needs and preferences.
Like the article? We have written others including, The Best Mechanic’s Tool Sets, The 10 Best Angle Grinders, The 10 best service jacks, The 10 Best Wrench Sets and 28 Essential pieces of car valeting equipment.